Thursday, October 10, 2013

Glad Tidings of Great Joy

Hi, guys!  For today's card I made a religious themed Christmas card.  I was asked to make a special card for a friend's husband with a religious theme.  I started going through my stash, and decided it would be fun to incorporate a lot of images from different companies.  I always love this self-imposed challenge!


Supplies:
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp, Stampers Anonymous, Craft Smart
Paper: Gina K Designs, Stampin' Up retired patterned paper
Ink: Versamark
Misc.: Ranger Holographic Embossing Powder, Ranger Gold Embossing Powder, Gems


I originally was just going to use the embossed nativity stamp, but remembered the beautiful angel stamp from Stampers Anonymous and thought it would represent the angel of the Lord looking down on baby Jesus.  What you can't really see in the photo is the angel is done in Ranger Holographic Embossing powder, so when you see the angel in real life you see beautiful colors of pinks, purples and gold.  Just lovely.  Thanks to one of my favorite bloggers Anita for pointing me in the direction of that powder last year.  Anita's art really rocks and is so amazing!

I am entering this card in the following challenge: http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Wishing you all a very good day!  Until next time!!

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a pretty card. I really like all the embossing. You did a great job combining stamps. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

beautiful card. ~Melissa

Unknown said...

I love how you layered up the images to give the card depth. Very nice! ♥

Marcy said...

Very beautiful Christmas card! I love both of the images...so pretty! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Winnie! Love all the shimmery gold detail!

Karen Letchworth said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful card in our challenge this week. We are so blessed to have you share and play along with us. God bless you, and please stop by again soon!
Be blessed,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I'm SOOOO sorry to just now be viewing this...been extremely busy. LOVE that I inspired you to try this awesome powder. It really is amazing stuff! Your card is just SOOOO BEAUTIFUL! It invokes the true meaning of Christmas and I totally love that! Fab green background too...makes everything pop! Gorgeous work, and thank you for the shout out!

Jo Ann said...

Such a simple card but love how you put together different techniques. Thanks for blessing us with your artwork at Word Art Wednesday and would love to see you back for our new Challenge. Hugs and blessings!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

cheiron said...

Wonderful card Winnie. Great combination of images! Thanks for playing along with us in the Holiday/Christmas Challenge this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Tania said...

Terrific card.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!