Thursday, October 31, 2013

Butterflight Baby Card

Hi, guys! Hope all is well!  Today I am sharing a card I made to welcome a new baby!  A friend asked me to make a special card for our mutual friend who just gave birth to a baby boy.  Knowing Christine, I decided to use the Butterflight stamp by House Mouse for this card.  She LOVES butterflies and the way the butterfly is carrying the newborn mouse down from the heavens would be perfect for her.


Supplies:
Stamps: House Mouse, Cloud9 Designs
Paper: Gina K Designs, DCWV
Ink: Memento Black, Archival Watering Can
Misc.: Copic Makers, Wink of Stella Clear, Ribbon

I used Wink of Stella to put a touch of glitter/shine in the little flowers.  What you can't see from the card is the sentiment I used on the inside of the card.  I love Cloud9 Designs sentiments.  I wanted a religious sentiment for Christine, and one that went with this fun image.  The one they have went PERFECTLY with it: "With every little baby's birth God sends His love and joy to earth."

I guess you are wondering what is up with all the "mouse" cards this week, and I can honestly say it just happened that I reached for these cute guys this week.  I love them all!

I am entering this card in the following challenge:

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-anything-goes-2/

Until next time!

6 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely adorable! What a sweet card, love these little guys - just wish I could color them decent! :) Yours is fabulous!

Happy Halloween!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Winnie :-) the image is adorable and I love the colours and CAS design, I am sure the happy parents will love this :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Jo Nevill said...

Great card, I love the image you used.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week

Jo x

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card! Such a sweet and lovely image!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Geri Neumann said...

Love this House Mouse image. Wish I had it. I like the blue organza ribbon you used, it's perfect on this card. Hugs, Geri

Tania said...

What a sweet baby card. Great colouring.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!