Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Distress Stain Sympathy Card

Hi, guys! Today I am sharing a sympathy card I was asked to make.  A coworker needed a card for her child's teacher who lost her husband suddenly.  When I hear stories like that it makes my heart ache.  I was told my coworker really didn't know the teacher well yet, so kept it simple and went with nature as I was not sure of their faith or beliefs.    I did decide to make it more bright in color than I normally do, because I thought it may lift her spirits a bit (especially coming from a young student).  I did the background with various shades of Distress Stains and black heat embossed the image and sentiment.



You will notice that I used my Lovely as a Tree Stampin' Up set for the main image.  I find it is perfect for so many occasions.  I used watercolor paper for the panel, as I love the way it works with Distress Stains and water, and there is a lot of color play and little warping.

I am submitting this card to the following challenge: http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Wishing you a good day ahead!  Until next time!


3 comments:

Saints Rule! said...

Beautiful project! Thanks for blessing us at Word Art Wednesday with your talents!

Esther Asbury said...

Great sympathy card -- I've seen those trees used over and over again, but they are still some of my favorites!

Tania said...

Gorgeous. I love those trees and the purple is so pretty.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!