Saturday, October 12, 2013

My Homework For The Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry 102 Class (Lots of Inky Fun!)

Hi, guys! Hope all is well! Tonight I am going to share with you some more "homework" from the Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry 102 online class.  It was a fun-filled week!  Lots of great videos and techniques.  I started out just doing tags as I normally do, but decided to add a couple of Christmas Cards and a pair of gift tags into the mix as well.  I normally use my PDFs and directions to refer back to instead of the tags, so I figured this way I will have a jump on the holidays, too!

The first pair up are examples of embossing using Distress Glitter.  Let me tell you, I have a ton of glitter in my collection, but nothing is as nice as this glitter! On this first card I used alcohol inks to color the gems on the snowflakes, as well as to add color onto the Kraft Glassine paper panel. The glitter I used for the snowflakes was Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter.




Another fun technique we learned was how to create an ombre look using Alcohol Inks.  For this, I decided to make a Christmas card.  The picture was taken at an angle to show the use of the tissue tape along the inside of the card as well. I colored the tiny attachers with alcohol inks as well as the film strip tape!


The next Christmas card is a fun example of using both colored Distress Glitter and Rock Candy Glitter with Distress Inks:


This tag was fun to make as it used Distress Embossing Powder and Distress Inks.  I wish you could feel this tag as the gears feel very textured, like a light grain sandpaper.  The background was stamped and embossed using the same powders so it is also textured.


This next tag was made using the chalkboard technique.  It was fun and I plan to use this on a Christmas gift.  I decided to use this fun old vintage-looking Santa from Stampers Anonymous along with the sentiment from the set.


The next few things are not paper crafted.  I used the faux patina techniques that Tim shared on a couple of metal embellishments of his.  They really look great, and I can't wait to incorporate them onto some of my holiday crafts this year.



We learned how to faux crackle glass items as well.  For my bottle I crackled it and then added a mixture of oats and glitters to make "Magic Reindeer Food." I always bring some to my sister's house each year and we toss it on the lawn for Rudolph and company.  I thought this was a fun way for me to present it. (Took a few shots as I wasn't sure which would show off the crackle better.)




Thank you to Tim Holtz for such a great class and all the hard work.  I want to thank Mario Rossi for all the fun BTS and all his kindhearted Facebook fun.  All those behind the scenes at Online Card Classes deserve a great big thank you as well.  I sure hope there is a Creative Chemistry 103 class next year!  If there is, I will be there!

A BIG thank you if you made it through this long post!  Until next time, my friends!





12 comments:

paige said...

Wow! All of these cards, tags and projects are just awesome! What a great class you took online. TFS these inspiring projects!

Unknown said...

I just found and purchased my perfect Christmas Card, but these are so lovely you have me thinking about making my cards this year.

Dottie said...

I found your blog through Pinterest -- someone had pinned your January post of your craft room. I was so impressed with that space! After that I just had to check out the rest of your blog. I adore the Santa card you made with the ombre technique. Great work!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

WOW!!! I'm truly impressed with ALL the techniques you learned and the beautiful pieces you produced. I may need to take one of his classes in the future. However, right now we're trying to save money, because our youngest is getting ready to join her older sister in college. Blessings!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Great tags, Winnie. I can see that you took Tim's class to heart and really dug in with his techniques.He is such an enabler, and I'm awaiting my order of Distress Paints. LOL Have a great Monday - even with the overtime. I'm working 4 9 hour days so I can get off early on Friday to drive to Kansas to see my kids and grandkids, so I feel your pain. =)

Unknown said...

Awesome!! I love the colorful cards best. The Santa Claus one maybe being my favorite although that snowflake simply sparkles. Looks like you are learning some really cool techniques! ♥

MiamiKel said...

Love this!! So much creativity going on in here! We make reindeer food every year for my son - even my teenage girls get a kick out of it. But your crackle jar is fabulous! Love it all!!

Kristie W. said...

Wow! So many wonderful creations. I think the wreath is my favorite!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty - I really like the ombre print since it's not traditional Christmas colors. I like to change things like that up from time to time and I think that's a great card.

Esther Asbury said...

My favorite is the beautiful blue snowflake tag!

Mandy said...

Oh wow Winnie these are all gorgeous, and I love the idea of Reindeer food :) I think I need that distress glitter now lol.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Tania said...

What wonderful work; I can't even pick a fave. I do love the wreath.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!