Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I Love You S'more & S'more

Hi, guys! Hope all is well!  Today I am sharing a birthday card I made for my nephew Tom.  I decided to use this fun stamp set from Cosmo Cricket because it had the marshmallow image on it.  When Tom was very young, he came to my home and my late hubby taught him how to roast marshmallows for the first time.  I can remember that day like it was yesterday, as he was so happy and excited.  We were also lucky enough to take him and his family on their first family camping trip!


While making this card, I decided to add touches like the woodgrain embossing, and the tree paper for the hearts as Tom and his family are big campers and they make s'mores all the time.

It is truly a blessing to have a hobby where I can create a card for someone and make it so personal to them.  What I love is that he was happy to receive it, and I was very happy to recall those special memories.

I am entering this card in the following challenge:
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/
http://perfectsentimentschallenge.blogspot.com  PSC94 


Have a "sweet" day!  Until next time!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so cute! Love some s'mores!

Unknown said...

Adorable.
Thank you for posting with us. It is wonderful seeing your projects. We would love to see you again next week.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

SandeeNC said...

Cute card, I am sure it will bring back those camping memories for him too! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Lovely post & blog! holley4734.wordpress.com

Esther Asbury said...

Oh how fun -- cards with puns are some of my favorite!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Who doesn't love smores? LOL. Thanks for joining us this week at the Perfect Sentiment. Good luck and please join us again soon!

kel Acopan said...

Winnie!!!!! I love this card!! Those mellows are ADORABLE!!!! Thanks so much for playing along at the Perfect Sentiments Challenge!

lovies, =o) kel
PSC DT

Tania said...

That is wonderful! Great image!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!