Tuesday, July 2, 2013

If The Young Only Knew ... (Mixed Media Doll Tag)

Hi, guys! Hope all is well!  Today I am sharing a fun piece I made last night.  I made a tag using a Prima paper doll.  I decided to make a mixed media tag for myself after seeing a lot of them being made. Once I started working on the doll I remembered how much I loved playing with paper dolls as a little girl.  I remember being able to sit for hours and dress them up over and over.  Talk about a very low tech toy!  But oh, the fun!


I was able to incorporate my love for paper dolls with Distress Ink and other goodies to create this tag. The tag is from the Prima Tag Pad, and I used Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Ink to give it an aged look.   The doll was stamped on Tim Holtz French Industrial paper.  I paper pieced the clothing and headband with papers by Lily Bee.  The sentiment is by Dyan Reaveley  and I thought it was perfect for a tag with a young girl on it.

One thing I love about making mixed media pieces is that I can go through my stash and use my goodies.  On this tag,  I decided to use some dried flowers I was gifted by a friend. She picked them up on vacation in Italy!  I kept "saving" them but decided this was the perfect piece to use them on.  My friend Chaitali sent me the lovely lace trim!

This was so much fun for me to make.  I bought 4 Prima Dolls, so I can't wait to make some more of these!

Have a great day! Hope you find some time in your day to do something you love!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your vintage tag you created. I used to love paper dolls as a kid, too. I still think they're wonderful. So simple compared to all the techie toys of today but still great fun for a kid to play with.

Unknown said...

Cool!! I remember playing with paper dolls and absolutely love this tag. This brought back a lot of memories.

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Have Apron....Will Bake said...

So cute! I loved playing with those as a kid too!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is adorable, Winnie. I played with paper dolls as a little girl too, but quickly moved onto Colorforms...do you remember those? They were drawn dolls in their skivies and their clothes were cling plastic. LOL...what fun memories.

Love what you did with this vintage tag. So creative!

Audrey said...

paper dolls, Colorforms, Barbies. Ah the memories!

Kalpana said...

Adorable

Katie said...

This is so precious, Winnie. You did such a nice job of coordinating all the colors and patterns. Really lovely.

Anonymous said...

I did a lot of rubber stamping when my kids were young, LOVED IT! I haven't had the time in years. Hmmm...

Just stopping by from NaBloPoMo, cheers!

Ellen Martin said...

Cute! I always wish I had more crafty time...

Ann said...

So cute! I loved paper dolls too!

Ann said...

Very cute, I loved paper dolls too : )

Katy said...

This is so pretty! I love details you added like the the lace at the bottom and the dried flowers. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment! :)

Jill Norwood said...

I love your gorgeous tag! I adored paper dolls when I was young and I have this same stamp! :)

Emkay said...

Lovely tag!

Svitlana Shayevich said...

Love it! Very beautiful tag. Love your paper piecing doll and the sentiment chosen.

Tania said...

So sweet. Great paper piecing.

Unknown said...

Paper dolls are so much fun! They look pretty. You are indeed very creative. I like making Mixed Media Dolls too and that's why I keep on buying new stencils. Recently, I got these amazing doll stencils. You must check them out too; I am sure you'll like it.
http://www.amazon.com/Mixed-Media-Collage-Doll-Stencils/dp/B00IQRT4N8/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1407748209&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=Mixed+Media+Doll+Stencils

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!