Sunday, June 30, 2013

June 2013 Tim Holtz Tag (Distress Marker Fun!)

Hi, guys! Today is the last day of the month, and I am squeaking my June 2013 Tim Holtz tag in! This month Tim focused on using the Distress Markers for watercoloring and other techniques.  I had fun using them to watercolor and splatter ink as well as a few other tips he gave us. This month I decided to have some fun and use some old twill I had on hand.  I saved it from an old shopping bag as I loved the thickness and color.  I used Tim's tool to fray the edges of the twill and used ink along the edges to give it an aged look as well.





As you can see, I did two tags.  I do one for myself each month, and one for my friend Ruth, who loves them, and now visits Tim's blog as well.  Some day, I hope to get her to get her fingers inky, but until then, she can share in the fun this way.  If you haven't tried your hand at these tags, I highly recommend you give one a try! You learn some great techniques, and you have plenty of inky fun!

Hope you have some fun today, and enjoy the remainder of the weekend!

Until next time!







5 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Delightful! This is a vision - so rich and full of color! Great tags, the butterfly is a nice touch - how fun Ruth will receive one, too and an awesome way to "stamp" together :)

Lynn Mercurio said...

Totally beautiful tags. Hey - if you're going to make one tag, why not make two! Great idea.

Unknown said...

Cool. I love the butterflies.

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Marcy said...

Beautiful tag Winnie! I really love your distress work! You do such an awesome job! Happy 4th of July and Happy Birthday too! :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Your background is so rich and gorgeous...love the pop of blue too! The butterfly is a wonderful choice as well!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!