Friday, June 14, 2013

Nothing Says Flag Day Like An Uncle Sam Kitty!

Hi, guys! Hope all is going well!  Today I am going to share a couple of cards I made this week for some family members.

I made this first one for my sister Maggie.  If you have been reading my blog for a while you may remember that I make her a special card each year for Flag Day.  I know it is not a usual "card" holiday, but it is a tradition between us.  You can see last year's card and explanation here. This year I decided to go with a kitty dressed up like Uncle Sam by The Stampsmith. The patriotic paper is from the Tim Holtz Seasonal paper pad. Distress ink was used to age/antique the image.

Next up is a graduation card I made for my nephew Christopher who is beginning High School in September.  I decided to use some of the fun goodies from my Simon Says Stamp June Kit.  It is the first kit I ever used, so it was fun to try my hand at using some new products.  I decided to use my Stampers Anonymous Lightbulb Blueprint stamp, as I thought it went well with the sentiment I found in the paper pad. Tattered Rose Distress ink was used on the image as it went very well with the sentiment color.

A special thank you to all who have sacrificed so much for our country and our flag! I hope if you live in the U.S. that you will hang out your flag today and show your appreciation and love for it along with me.

Until next time!


Shoregirl said...

I love unique graduation cards and yours is a winner! Lovely work!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

These are two of your best cards yet to come. I love that cat, because it makes me think of the new kitten my youngest daughter just added to our 3 dog pack. As to the light bulb card, I may do something like that for my daughter who will be a senior next year too. I like the masculine feel of the card too. Blessings, my friend!

Angie said...

Love your cards ...the graduation one is inspired ...just noticed I didn't comment on Wednesday ...sure I did ...I remember the cat!!!!xx

Anita Houston said...

Great cards! I love independent!!!

Brandy said...

Love your cards! They turned out awesome!

Emkay said...

I love the background on your flag day card.

That graduation card is great. So unique!

Marcia said...

How cute is that Winnie. I love it !

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!