Saturday, June 1, 2013

Everything Is Better With A Friend!

Hi, guys!  Had some Distress Ink fun today!  I made a card for my friend Christine to give our mutual friend Ruth for her birthday.  Both these ladies are some of the biggest fans of my work and show me so much support.  They both have me make cards for all their special occasions, so Christine wanted one made for Ruth!

I decided to pull out my Distress Inks and some Perfect Pearls Mist.  Christine loves butterflies and I know Ruth does too, so I decided to use my Martha Stewart butterfly punch on this card.  The butterfly is layered with 3 colors from the card and attached down the body of the butterfly which allowed the wings to be bent to mimic flight.

Supplies:
Ink: Versafine Black, Distress Inks, Perfect Pearls (Gold)
Paper: Watercolor Paper, Gina K Designs
Stamps: Hero Arts
Misc.: Clear Embossing Powder, Oval Punches, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punches, Bling, Pearls (colored with Copic Markers to match)

It is hard to see in the picture, but the watercolor paper was sprayed with gold Perfect Pearls which gave it a nice shine and helped blend the inks even more.

Wishing Ruth the happiest of birthdays!

Hope you have a fun day and find some time to do something you love!

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Such a lovely card. I really like all your blended colors and the birthday background. The ribbon adds a nice touch.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Wow! I love the way the colors meld from one shade to another and the way you coordinated the butterfly into your design. Blessings, my friend!

Unknown said...

Winnie, I love it! How creative. You always inspire me to be more creative. I really should move to your community... any homes available in the area? We could craft together all day long!

Marcy said...

Beautiful card! I love the soft colors and the ribbon and butterflies are perfect with it. What type of water color paper do you use? I want to start trying some new techniques using water colors but need to get myself the right papers.

Alexis Crossland-Smith said...

you did a fantastic job on this card and I know your friend will just love it!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh what fun! I love all the fun colors!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!