Thursday, July 18, 2013

Winnie In Her Garden

Hi, guys! Hope all is well!  This weekend I was able to spend some time in the garden.  We have been having a lot of sunshine and very hot temperatures.  I understand we will be having another heat wave this week.  It has been a challenge trying to keep my veggies and herbs well watered.  You may recall that I am doing tomatoes, peppers, and lots of herbs this year in addition to my usual flowers, etc.  I thought I would share the progress with you.  I posted in May when I started the plants.  They are growing nicely.  I have been using the parsley and basil in my cooking and marinating.

Basil and Parsley

Thyme and Rosemary

Peppers and Tomatoes

Tomatoes!!

More Tomatoes!

A Visitor (Who Loves My Herbs!)

Me and My Cone Flowers!

Thanks for meandering with me through my garden.  It is progressing nicely and I cannot wait for the tomatoes to ripen so I can make homemade pasta sauce to freeze for the cold winter!

Until next time, my friends!

11 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Your garden is indeed lovely! Thanks for the little tour -- happy gardening!

Elizabeth said...

Looks like you're having fun!

Debbi said...

Great job on your garden! Containers are the way to go to not have to weed so much. I should have thought of that a long time ago. heh.

Unknown said...

What a lovely container garden!! I have never had much success with gardens but have never tried the container variety. Maybe next year!! Enjoyed seeing your pictures.

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I bet the garden smells delish! I am a huge fan of herbs, but boy, can I not grow them or what?! :)

Margaret said...

Love your garden photos. Those tomatoes will be sooooooooo good. Nothing like home grown. The only herb I have growing is a huge plant of Rosemary. It's been growing for about 3 years and this year I actually had to divide it. It was getting out of control. Of course I always forget to go pick some when I'm cooking.

Love the photo of you and the Coneflower. I planted 2 of them this year and look forward to watching them grow every year.

Audrey said...

beautiful! And keeping the rosemary in a container is a good idea. Mine is starting to take over again and I hacked it back in the winter!

Ashleigh said...

Thanks for the comment on blog! I love to hear from my readers. I really enjoy finding different ways the same pieces together. It makes for a lot of fun.

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a lovely garden you have. I enjoyed seeing all that you have been undoubtedly busy with lately. With this heat, I imagine you have to water every day to keeping it looking this good!

Hope you are having a wonderful summer.

Unknown said...

Winnie love your home garden , i have some tomatoes and pepper planted and a neighbor gifted me a basil plant ... i am waiting for all of it to grow so i can make my home grown salad :)

Tania said...

Beautiful photos. Your garden is impressive.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!