Monday, July 22, 2013

Aim High and Soar!

Hi, guys! Hope all is well!  Today I am sharing a birthday card I made for my niece Rory's birthday.  I thought I would use one of my new Prima Mixed Media dolls, and plenty of various fun supplies that I don't get to use often.

Supplies:
Stamps: Prima, Maya Road, Papertrey Ink
Paper: Gina K Designs, Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap
Ink: Hero Arts Neon, Memento Black, Archival, Distress Inks
Misc.: Crafters Workshop Stencils, Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste, Tim Holtz Picket Fence Distress Paint

This card is not in my usual "style" as it has a lot of things going on, but it was fun to be able to use my paints, and other media on this card.  I love the tissue wrap and how transparent it is and how fun it was to ink and stamp on. One thing I really enjoy with these mixed media dolls is that I have a blast dressing them.  I used different patterned papers to paper piece her dress and headband.

I hope my young niece Rory knows how much she is loved, and always remembers to aim high and soar!

Enjoy the day!  Until next time!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! It may not be your usual style but I think you crossed over into the unknown splendidly.

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That is adorable!

kel Acopan said...

i think you did a great job with this! i am not good with lots of stuff going on and am scared of new techniques! lol.

lovies, =o) kel

Tania said...

Wow! Very vintage-y/steampunk-ish. I love it.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!