Thursday, July 4, 2013

Lady Of The Harbor

Hi, guys!  Today we are celebrating Independence Day here in the States.  I thought I would share a few cards I made for the holiday.  I made them for my parents, my hubby's dad, and a friend.  I know that it is not the usual "card" holiday, but I love to send cards when I can't be with those I love.

I am entering her in the Simonsaysstampandshow challenge: Anything Goes


This stamp is one of the Blueprint stamps by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous.  I love how it turned out.  I used Vintage Verdigris embossing powder to emboss Lady Liberty.  I love the antique copper look it gave the image.  The inside has a strip of embossed stars along the bottom. I used Core-dinations paper and sanded it.

For this next card I used another Blueprint stamp, and used my Distress Markers to watercolor it.



I decided for the next one to be a bit more whimsical.  I used this fun stamp by Riley & Company.  Riley as Lady Liberty! I used some fireworks stamps from my July Simon Says Stamp Kit, and Lily Bee patterned paper.


I thought I would share a video with you by a trio called Brother Sun.   They are three of the finest musicians and gentlemen that I have had the privilege to meet.  The song is called "Lady of the Harbor." I think it is perfect to share on this Independence Day.  As an American, and a New Yorker, she means so much to me.  I hope you enjoy it!


Wishing all those who celebrate a very happy and safe July 4th!

Until next time!

15 comments:

kel Acopan said...

too cute!! how do you like your simon says stamp monthly kits? i looked into joining but couldn't decide if i REALLY wanted to or not.

lovies, =o) kel

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Wonderful cards! Love them all! The last one is so cute and whimsical...FUN!!! Thanks for the video too! Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

Bonnie said...

All of these are wonderful, Winnie! I love the way you've stamped Lady Liberty and your watercolored flag! And the bright fireworks and Riley say celebrate!

Unknown said...

I LOVE your patriotic cards Winnie, although if I had to choose just one I love the last one with the moose best!! AWESOME!!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

As always, beautiful work! You always make the BEST cards!

Margaret said...

These are all so gorgeous! Actually really like the flag one the best. I like the distress look.

Larissa T. said...

Ohh! I like the Lady Liberty one the best! :D Thanks for linking up! :)

2justByou said...

I love that Lady Liberty one! Great job on all of these.
~Kim
www.2justByou.com

MiamiKel said...

What a fantastic trio of cards, Winnie! Of course, I"m partial to the RIley one! :) Beautiful, beautiful ..... such wonderful colors and designs of each one! Happy Weekend! :)

Sandra said...

What fun cards! Hope you've had a wonderful Independence Day! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

Marcy said...

These are all great patriotic cards Winnie! The moose image on the last one is so adorable! Fantastic work and I hope you had a great 4th of July! :)

Jill Norwood said...

These are all wonderful!!!!

Emkay said...

A wonderful array of cards! I love those blueprint stamps.

Esther Asbury said...

Love your patriotic cards!! The flag is my favorite!

Tania said...

Love these!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!