Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Some Flurry Fun

Hi, guys!  I love snow and the thought of snow just speaks Christmas to me.  I thought I would make a card using a fun stamp by Impression-Obsession called Snowflakes.

Supplies:
Stamps: Impression-Obsession, A Muse
Ink: Stampin' Up, Versamark
Paper: Papertrey Ink
Misc.: Winter Wonderland Embossing Powder, Snowflake Buttons, Spellbinders Die, Silver Cord,Gems

Winter Wonderland embossing powder is a combo of white and silver.  I don't use it often, but when winter comes around,  I get a lot of use out of it. It really gave it a frosty look, I believe.

Hope you have a great day, and hope you find a few moments of the day to do something you love!




12 comments:

Unknown said...

I love snow too. I hope we have a white Christmas this year. So far, no luck! It is still green as can be. Your lovely card reminds me of a winter wonderland. Well done!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Barb said...

I love the snow card! It doesn't look like we're going to have a white Christmas here. Boo.

Anyway, Winnie, I nominated you for a Liebster Award for blogging. I hope you'll accept. See the details on my post here.

MiamiKel said...

This is just stunning! So elegant and beautifully designed, what an awesome technique!

I loved your comment about Susan Branch - I have 2 of her scrapbooks and just lOVE them - the whimsy, the fun-ness of them, they are by far a fave! x0x0

Ann said...

I like the subdues tones and love "flurry of fun"!

Esther Asbury said...

Ooooo...I love that embossing powder!!!
BTW - I used a low temp hot glue gun on the sleds...by gluing the brown bar at the top and another bar across the mid back, they stay together nicely!

Loki-Lou said...

I sat here for a while looking at that card going "how very pretty". The background is almost like the crackling effect you get with ice! It's fabulous!

Noel Lizotte said...

Winnie,
This is beautiful! I love how elegant it looks!

Peanut said...

This is very clever, Winnie. Love the frosty look....perfectly snowy. Beautiful!

Marcy said...

Wow so pretty Winnie! I love this technique and will need to try it out. Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Liesl Garner said...

I love your work! This is beautiful!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Cool! I love the texture and faux enamel look that you achieved. Have a blessed week!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Pinning this! That background is amazing...a blizzard of beautiful!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!