Saturday, December 22, 2012

Ornament Christmas Cards

Hi, guys!  Today's cards are similar, but the ornaments I made were different.

I have a lot of friends who love their kitties, and so I made this card with them in mind. Many cats love to check out the Christmas tree and have adventures.  I fell in love with this stamp and thought this would be a fun way to use it.


Supplies:
Stamps: Stampendous, Stampin' Up
Ink: Distress Ink, Memento Black
Misc.: 3" Circle Punch, Ribbon, Copic Markers, Corner Rounder

This made me laugh and recall the cat I had for nearly 13 years.  Emily loved to sit under the tree and bat the ornaments. I would put soft ones, and ones with bells that couldn't be broken along the bottom, so she could enjoy them.  Emily was NOT a climber and couldn't care less about the rest of the tree.  It was fun to hear the bells in the morning.

The ornament on this next tree was made by paper folding.  It is hard to see in the picture, but the star is actually three dimensional.  I learned this technique from Jennifer McGuire in her Holiday Boot Camp Class last year.  If you are looking for a fun class to inspire you for Christmas card making or other fun classes on card making, I highly recommend you take one of these great classes.



Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Angel, Stampin' Up
Paper: Gina K Designs, Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Stampin' Up, Distress Ink
Misc.: Ribbon, Corner Rounder


I thought I would share the fun stamp I am using on the back of my cards this year. I got this fun fruitcake stamp from Viva Las Vegas Stamps.




Hope your day is a great one!  Hope you find a few moments in the day to do something you love!

Until next time!

11 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Cute! Love the kitty in the ornament!

Loki-Lou said...

100% recycled fruitcake? Love it :D

Anonymous said...

So cute.
Mags

Lynn Mercurio said...

These are such cute cards, Winnie. I just love that fluffles cat...he's always getting into trouble, like me.

Merry Christmas and may your holidays be craftilicious!

Ann said...

Hahaha!

Love the ornament cards!

That is so cute, the cat ringing the bells : )

Unknown said...

Love the kitty!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I like both your cards, especially the one with the origami star. The personalized stamp is really cool - love it. Have a blessed Christmas!

Unknown said...

These are so stinkin' great, Winnie. =) Your cards always make me smile! Thanks for posting, the cat one really got me. HA!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Oh if you could see my cat! She sleeps under our tree the moment it goes up. She loves it there...I wonder why cats love Christmas trees so much. Fabulous cards! Love the coloration and the images are wonderful! I wish you the merriest Christmas ever!!!

Unknown said...

I love the kitty ornament! It also reminds me of a cat I used to have. She too would love to take a swipe at the ornaments at the bottom of the tree. The first year I had her I didn't even think about glass ornaments at the bottom of the tree! Well, it only took a couple of broken glass ornaments for me to get the idea...I moved the glass up and the non-breakables down.

Esther Asbury said...

Oh I love your take on ornament cards -- so cute!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!