Sunday, February 9, 2014

You Are Loved

This week has been a rough one and I am hoping the week ahead brings some needed relief. The winter has been relentless here, with the snow and ice adding to the daily commute and stress.  Today I was finally able to sit down to make cards.

One of my girlfriends had surgery this week and I needed a special card for her.  I wanted something cheerful that would relay how very much she means to me.  This week I got my February card kit from Simon Says Stamp so I decided to dive into it and this is what I came up with:



This month had lots of pretty papers and I felt that the florals would be cheerful to use.  I am praying for a speedy recovery for my friend and hope this small gesture brings some comfort to her.

Thanks for the visit today!  I hope that I am able to blog more this week and have some fun, quiet time to stamp and create!  

11 comments:

Marcia said...

Beautiful card Winnie

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card. She will love it and I am sure it will be something she will treasure.♥

kel Acopan said...

i'm sorry you had a rough week!!! hope this week is better!!

lovies, =o) kel

MiamiKel said...

You are so sweet, Winnie! How knd of you to make a card for friend, and a beautiful one at that! I have the same hopes as you this week - blog catching up, crafting and quite time - a girl can dream, right?! :) Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

A handmade card says so much more than the words you write in it. Im sure your friend will love your thoughtfulness and time spent creating something just for her :)

Vanessa (www.leatherandabel.com) said...

Wow, that is stunning. I love making cards and am hoping to be getting crafty later too. Wishing your friend a quick recovery. She is lucky to have such lovely friends. Good luck with NaBloPoMo - I'm trying it too (www.leatherandabel.com).
Vanessa :)

Lynn Mercurio said...

You have really done a great job with your new SSS Kit supplies. This card is adorable. ~ I'm with you on the stress that winter weather brings. I'm SO OVER all the white stuff and the frigid temperatures, and most of all the messiness that that stuff creates all around the house and the roads. I don't think I will mind the winter snow so much when I'm retired and don't have to get out in it!!! - Stay safe out there!

SandeeNC said...

I love your card and I am sure it will cheer your friend up. We have snow that is just starting to fall, supposedly will get 4 to 6 inches which is a good size snow fall for us. Since we don't get it often I am excited but I can understand why you are tired of it, Be safe out there! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such a sweet card!

Geri Neumann said...

What a nice card to get in the mail. I know your friend will love it and appreciate it. :o) Geri

Dawn's Stamping Garden said...

A sweet floral card, for a sweet friend, I'm sure. I hope she does well in recovery and your weather & stress level go down!
Dawn

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!