Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tea Time Tuesday - London Tea Set and My Love for Sherlock Holmes

Today I decided to share with you a new tea set from my collection.  It was given to my husband and me for Christmas from a friend.  He knows how much I love tea, and how much my husband and I enjoy various BBC shows together.  This china tea pot and set of mugs is by James Sadler.  We both fell in love with it when we saw it. Aren't the images just wonderful?





Sunday was Super Bowl Sunday, and my husband and I settled in to watch the game with our usual yummy dinner and treats.  The game itself was not very interesting to us due to the pounding the Broncos received by the Seahawks.  By 10:00 pm we were really looking forward to seeing the finale of Sherlock on Masterpiece and found it a lot more exciting than the big game turned out to be.  Benedict Cumberbatch is an amazing Holmes.  He really made the character his own.  Martin Freeman's portrayal of Dr. Watson is simply wonderful.   If you haven't caught this series yet, I highly recommend you do so.  It is unlike any of the others I have seen, and as a blogger, I love that Dr. Watson is a blogger, too!  I think I will be making this tea set my Sunday night set while watching this great series, as well as the other fine programming they show.

Do you have a favorite British series or show?  I would love for you to share it with me.




5 comments:

Geri Neumann said...

Oh my goodness....what a cool tea set! I've not seen anything like it, and know you must enjoy it so much. Enjoy Sherlock and your beautiful tea set while watching the show. :o) geri

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

The imagery in your new tea set is truly wonderful, and I love the simple color scheme too. My wife and I love the Masterpiece productions as well. We watched Sherlock Holmes on Sunday too, and loved it!

Jill Norwood said...

What a wonderful tea set my dear! Perfect for settling in with Sherlock! I am going to have to watch it is one of my favorites! Thinking of you! Hugs! Jill

Marcy said...

Hi Winnie! That teapot and cups are gorgeous!!! I love tea also but don't really drink enough as it is only me that would drink it at home and I forget to buy it. This makes me want to get some though! :) I don't really watch any british shows. My husband was watching the British "Office" when it aired years back but I only watched the american version. Maybe I can DVR that Sherlock holmes show...always looking for good ones! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

Unknown said...

I have this exact set. I saw it in a catalog (my husband and I too love BBC programs and get several catalogs as a result).... I hinted that this would make a wonderful Mother's Day gift a couple of years ago. Since then, I added two more cups from similar design, and also James Sadler, but they are cups with saucers. That way, I can serve 4.

I didn't realize it until very recently, but this is definitely a collectors -- already almost impossible to find to purchase and the price has gone up quite a bit if one does find a set. I told my kids to be sure not to put it in the goodwill pile some day in the distant future ;) when i have gone to my final reward -- it should be worth a pretty penny.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!