Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Thank You Cards For Baptism

I was honored to be asked to make a pair of cards for a friend to give her in-laws.  Her son was recently baptized and her father in-law performed the sacrament, and her mother-in-law was the baby's Godmother.  My friend Christine wanted religious thank you cards for each of them to show their appreciation for all their kindness and love.

For her father in-law I decided to use a embossed cross for the focal image.  The papers are from my February Simon Says Stamp card kit.  The stamps is by Papertrey Ink and embossed with Ranger Silver embossing powder.


For her mother-in-law I decided to use a Thomas Kinkade stamp called "The Forest Chapel" as it is such a lovely image.  I embossed it using clear embossing powder over Potting Soil Wendy Vecchi Archival Ink. The edges of the image were inked with Tattered Rose Distress Ink.


One of my favorite aspects of card making are the special days and events you get to be part of even if it is in a small way.  When people come up to me years after a wedding, or a birth of a child, and mention a card they received that I made for them, it always warms my heart that they remember that!


4 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I love that Thomas K. stamp and I also love how you personalize everything -- makes the cards extra special nice!

Geri Neumann said...

Oh Winnie....you did a marvelous job with these cards. They are beautiful. I especially love the cross card, the colors, the pearl, and your great design! Hugs, Geri

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Both are nice cards, but I especially like The Forest Chapel. I agree, it makes it all worth while when someone complements you on a card you made for them.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

These are both gorgeous cards, and know they'll be treasured by the recipients. I especially love the first one with the beautiful cross and elegant matting. Blessings!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!