Wednesday, February 19, 2014

From Frosty to Summer by Defrosting

I have been mentioning how I am "so over" winter this year.  The snow and ice have been relentless.  These shots were taken from my front and my kitchen windows this week.




After peering out at these views for days, I was feeling I needed some Summer!  Then I remembered I had one large bag of my summer-grown tomatoes in the freezer!  What a fun sight to see and it brightened my winter mood.



I decided to turn them into pasta sauce to enjoy for supper.


Wish you were here to enjoy it with me!  I am so glad I saved a batch of the tomatoes for a winter day like today.  Hope to sit down later and plan my garden for this year.  That should put a touch of spring in my soul!   Do you have a garden?


6 comments:

Vanessa (www.leatherandabel.com) said...

Whoa - that's so bizarre - I just posted on my blog about winter (with similar photos to yours) and yesterday's post was all about making strawberry jam! We are connecting - haha :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Awesome photos!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

It's nice to have something from summer in the freezer to enjoy during winter. Your tomato sauce looks yummy.

Geri Neumann said...

Ooooooo.....you're making me hungry! That looks so yummy. Guess I'll have to make some spaghetti soon. I hope your weather hurries and gets warmer. Hugs, Geri

Jill Norwood said...

Yummy! Man that soup looks good! And wow that is some snow accumulation!!! Blessings to you! Our city is more worried about drought from being too dry! The weather patterns are CRAZY everywhere it seems! :)

Neesie said...

Wow those photographs are spectacular Winnie even if you've seen enough snow and ice I enjoyed them ;D
I can imagine your toms brightened your day...they must have been like a burst of summer.
I bet they tasted delicious too. You've reminded me that I've got berries in my freezer that I really should get them out to enjoy.
I hope spring comes to visit you soon...in the meantime I'll try to capture some springiness for you.
Have a great week

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!