Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tea Time Tuesday - Peter Rabbit/Beatrix Potter & Friendship Spring Card

Happy Tuesday! For today, I thought I would share a charming Tea for One set I have called "The World of Beatrix Potter - Peter Rabbit."   I fell in love with this one years ago and remembered loving the stories of Peter Rabbit as a little girl.  This set has such adorable images all over it, and it never ceases to make me smile.  When I have my nieces over for tea,  this tea set always gets chosen for the table!



I can't help but wish for Spring to arrive soon and this tea pot  really made me long for the return of the bunnies in my garden.  Now, I am always having to shoo them from my garden like farmer McGregor did in the stories, but this year I can't wait for them to come and I will have to treat them to some tasty plants!


Today's card I made using a lot of Spring Distress Ink colors on watercolor paper. I heat embossed a great friendship background stamp in black first.



Do you have Spring Fever like I do?

11 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Your tea for one set is sweet - love the Peter knob on the teapot. I want to purchase some distress inks to try, I only have Stampin Up colours but need to expand to other brands. The card is pretty, and could be used for various occasions.

Bernideen said...

Lovely tea for one that Beatrix would call "delicious". I love your card - very sweet! So glad you shared at "Friends Sharing Tea"!

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a fun card. I love the colorful background and the black embossing makes the text just POP! Well done, my friend.

Schotzy said...

Thanks for your visit and sweet comment... I so agree with you about reading, tea, and spring... it cant come quick enough, although I am hearing of another huge blast of winter next week. Love you B potter teapot.... I tried to get into card making but the expense can be daunting for me.... I did purchase some beautiful card stock tablets of various patterned paper.. and am using it to do a fun project in preparation for my tea... using many quote of CS Lewis I found on line.. I'll share more about that next week...
god bless and happy dreams of spring!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your card is very cute and I love the Beatrix Potter tea for one! I have always loved the Peter Rabbit stories, bunnies, ducks, etc. Although we're adults now doesn't mean we still don't have a little girl inside of us. Thank you for sharing with us and joining me for tea. Enjoy your day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

I love the color on this fabulous card!

Beth in NEPA said...

I love your Beatrice Potter tea set for 1. Cut as can Be!
I used to do cards a lot, have lots of Tim Holtz stuff. But now I mostly
just doing quilting and making felt flowers. But who knows I may get
back to it. I am most definitely someone who moves around a lot in the
craft and sewing world. Thanks for visiting my blog.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Hi Winnie,
What a cute Beatrix Potter tea set. I can see why it's a favorite for your nieces. Your card is beautiful, too.

Geri Neumann said...

Hi Winnie, love the Beatrix Potter tea pot and your fabulous card! I really like the colors you used on the card. Stay warm. Hugs, Geri

MiamiKel said...

Seriously you just melt my heart every time I stop in here :) How delightful! Very rich in color and such a whimsical, lovely little post :)

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Winnie,
yes, I do have also the spring fever. But here it is much warmer and we are awaiting the first flowers. The Beatix Potter tea for one is just darling. And your card looks very pretty and so thoughtful. Thank you for sharing and for your sweet comment on my blogpost.
Best greetings, Johanna

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!