Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day

Hi, guys!  Hope all is well!  Yesterday was Father's Day and I hope you spent it with those you love. Yesterday my hubby and I had his father over for a barbecue.  It was a lot of fun and extremely tasty!



Grilled Marinated Flank Steak and plenty of sides

Hubby knows how important it is to express your love to your dad, so he made his own card for his dad!  I thought I would share it with you!  His dad loved it!


He used a woodgrain background stamp on kraft card stock, and lots of Tim Holtz hardware.

I will be visiting my dad sometime soon, but thought I would share the card I made for him.  I used the fun goodies from my June Simon Says Stamp Kit.  It was a hoot to use, and stretched my creativity, as it is not my normal style.  But it suits my dad well, as he likes funny cards and nothing too sappy.


I am very blessed to have such a great father! I was just remembering the other day about the time he took me to a Father/Daughter dance when I was a Girl Scout Leader.  I was in my 30s and he was such a good sport to accompany me.  It was a full square dance, and if you knew my dad, you would know it was funny as he is not a dancer. Square Dancing in NYC is not the norm, either!  But what a great sport! It is one of my favorite memories dancing around with him.  

Hope you had a fabulous weekend!  Until next time, my friends!

6 comments:

Sharon Y said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day. Both cards are fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Winnie you made me hungry!! Oh I only dream of steaks ... love love love those steaks! Your cards are so wonderful and so nice!! I enjoy your blog site so much! God bless! Jan

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great day! Your husband is pretty talented at card making too.

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Esther Asbury said...

Wow - your husband did a great job on his Father's Day card! Yours is great too -- always fun seeing other peoples take on masculine cards!

Larissa T. said...

Oh I love the cards. And that meal looks delish. We had a fun Father's Day too.. :)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I missed several of your posts last week! I love all the cards you've been making, especially your dad's, the shirt shaped one that you made for your brother and the puppy one. The card your husband made for his dad was cool too. By the way, I had a very light dinner, so your cook out made me hungry. Blessings!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!