Saturday, June 29, 2013

Birthday Cards for a Daddy and a Grandfather

Hi, guys!  Today I am sharing two cards that I made for a little girl named Victoria to give to her daddy and her grandfather for their birthdays in a few weeks.

The first card up is for her father, Seth.  I decided to use an old Stampin' Up set featuring one of my favorite stamps:  a fun loving crab!  I figured since his horoscope is Cancer (just like mine!) that this set would be a fun one to use.   I wanted to keep the card fun and happy since it was coming from his very young daughter.

Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin' Up
Paper: Gina K Designs, Watercolor Paper
Ink: Distress Stains, Archival Black, Inktense Pencils
Misc.: White Felt, Googlie Eyes, Twine, Corner Rounder

I thought adding the felt and the googlie eyes made it fun and whimsical and something Victoria would love.  Who can resist not shaking a card with those eyes?

For the next card, I decided to use a set of stamps and a matching set of dies by Lawn Fawn.  They feature paper airplanes.  I figured they would be perfect for a grandfather.  Do you remember making them back when you were a kid?  I sure do!


Supplies:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn, Studio G
Paper: Gina K Designs, Watercolor Paper
Ink: Distress Stains, Distress Ink, Archival Black
Misc.: Lawn Fawn Dies, Hero Arts Gems

I did the background using Distress Stains in various blues and white and plenty of water.  I was inspired by a wonderful blogger and artist, Sandee. She is so kind and shares her knowledge with you.

I hope Seth and his father have a Happy Birthday!

Until next time!

3 comments:

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the 3-dimensional effect of both of these cards with the eyes, clouds and paper airplane elements. I especially like the whimsical scene you created for the first card. Blessings, my friend!

Unknown said...

Love both of these cards and your amazing creativity that shines through on both!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Svitlana Shayevich said...

Stunning cards! The first one is so much fun! You're right about googlie eyes! Adorable!
The card for a grandpa is great as well. Love thouse airplanes!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!