Thursday, January 10, 2013

Embracing My Inner Pooh

Hi, guys! Tuesday was my husband's birthday. Both Elvis Presley and David Bowie share the same birthday as well.  I fought the urge to make hubby an Elvis card for I knew he would expect one.  Instead I made him one using a Winnie-the-Pooh stamp and sentiment.With my name I am sure you can bet that I have Pooh stamps.  The sentiment is from Verve and is one that I love, as my hubby gave me a plaque once with Pooh and this saying.  It is very sweet and special to me.

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve, Disney All Night Media
Paper: Papertrey Ink, Gina K (White)
Ink: Memento Black, Distress Ink
Misc.: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Spellbinder Circle Die, Scallop Square Punch, Stampin' Up Hardware, Bakers Twine, Copics

When I was a young child I loved Winnie-the-Pooh as my mom would read the stories to me. Later on I disliked him (hard to believe) as I was teased with my name and would have the song even sung to me. Years later, I am back to loving him again.  Yes, I have heard all the jokes and trivia questions and yes, I do love honey!  I have now embraced my inner-Pooh!

Notice the bakers twine on this card?  It was given to me by my father-in-law!  My hubby has people saving their twine from their bakery boxes for me.  It is funny and endearing all at the same time.

Wishing hubby the best year yet!

Until next time!


15 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratz with your hubby's birthday Winnie! Hope you will enjoy this day together and many, many, many more to come! The sentiment on the card is the sweetest ever! Greetz Dee

Viola Saldanha said...

Wishing Mr. Winnie the Pooh a very happy birthday and a winning year ahead.

Sharon Y said...

Cute card. The embossed background is so fun. Love the sentiment and the story behind it. Birthday wishes for your hubby.

Unknown said...

Okay! I am in love with this card! I collect Winnie the Pooh (a childhood obsession) and this is awesome! So, what would something like this cost me?? :)

Suzanne MacCrone Rogers • Italian Girl in Georgia™ said...

Hi Winnie,

Thank you for stopping by my blog. It's nice to know that you found me through my Artful Blogging feature.

Your work is lovely and blog too!

Ciao,
Suzanne

Unknown said...

I love this Pooh card!! It is awesome. I must be dense because I never even once connected you with Winnie the Pooh. Kids are so awful!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Loki-Lou said...

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! It's Pooh bear! I loved Winnie the Pooh when I was younger. What a cute card.

Happy Birthday to your hubby too!

MiamiKel said...

Oh Winnie!! I absolutely ADORE your card! I'm the biggest POOH fan!! We hit Disney a few times a year and I'm as bad as the kids there, lol :) Would you believe this is my FAVE quote of all times? Pinky promise! I just shared that last month on the SCS thread I'm in - LOL! It's eeery how similiar we are but in a good way!

Now Happy Birthday to the hubs!! I hope the celebration was wonderful! x0x0

Emkay said...

Adorable card, especially with that cute quote.

Unknown said...

So cute Winnie! I love that saying too! Great job! It's super cute that your hubby is getting people to save twine for you.

Anonymous said...

Pooh is cool and Tigger too!!!!

Esther Asbury said...

I love pooh -- he's so cute! AND I love the sentiment you put on it -- plan to use that this year for a valentine for my hubby! Cute card!

Barb said...

What a great card! Made even more special because the twine came from your hubby's own dad. Happy belated birthday to your husband!

Larissa T. said...

This is so sweet!

Happy Belated Birthday to him, and thank YOU so much for linking up! (:

Jerimi said...

Aw, what a sweet card! I was an Eeyore fan. :) I love that your family saves twine for you to make cares with. What a kind and thoughtful thing to do.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!