Thursday, November 8, 2012

Totally Nuts For You

Hi, guys!  The card I am sharing with you today is for my husband for Thanksgiving.  For this card I used my Distress Markers by Tim Holtz to apply color to the focal image as well as the background. I also used Distress Stains around the edges. Since these markers are reactive with water, they blend so nicely.  I am not sure you will be able to see the shine I got on it by using various Perfect Pearl Mists.  I used gold, bronze, and sunflower mists to get the look.

Supplies:
Ink: Archival Black Ink
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous, Studio G
Paper: Watercolor, Gina K Designs
Misc.: Distress Markers, Perfect Pearl Mists, Distress Stains, Tag Punches, Twine, Water

I am in love with this blueprint stamp set designed by Mario Rossi III.  I had to have all 3 sets (Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas)! I think they are different than anything I had in my collection.

Hope your day is a good one!  Until next time!

8 comments:

Larissa T. said...

Haha .. so cute. :) Liking the acorn!

wendy said...

so cute! my 7-year-old daughter showed me the "free acorn" she found at a dia de los muertos parade she attended over the weekend. i'll have to bring her by your blog again tonight so that she can enjoy your card, too.
happy fall!

Lynn Mercurio said...

LOL...what a great card...perfect for so many of my own friends. Wonderfully done!

Loki-Lou said...

I love it :) Very autumnal!

MiamiKel said...

So wonderful ... Perfect sentiment for the hubby!! I didn't realize you were in New York ... Hope you are safe up there! Be well, my friend! :-)

Emkay said...

That blueprint stamp is pretty cool. Cute sentiment too!

Journey of Life said...

Simply lovely. Just love the shaded green in the background.

Kelly @ Way Past Fabulous said...

Beautiful! I love acorns.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!