Monday, November 19, 2012

Happy 40th Birthday, Sis!

Hi, guys!  This weekend was a lot of fun.  My kid sister turned 40 today, so we went out and saw a comedy show and had dinner with my other sister and some really good friends.  I can't believe my little sister is 40, but at least she is in the same decade as me now.  I thought I would share the birthday card I made for her.

Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin' Up, Cornish Heritage Farms, Crafty Secrets
Paper: Recollections Note Card, Watercolor Paper
Ink: Archival Black, Distress Ink, Distress Stains
Misc.: Ribbon, Embossing Powder, Distress Markers, Perfect Pearls Mist

The sentiment inside the card reads "You're no spring chicken ... Happy Birthday!"  She got a great chuckle out of it.  I love funny cards, and can give them to my sister.  You know who you can or cannot joke with about their age.  Since I am the eldest of the six siblings, I have been on the receiving end of many funny age-related cards.

This was a lot of fun to make.  I love the use of Distress Stains on watercolor paper.  I spray them with Perfect Pearl Mists and they blend so nicely and give it a nice shine.

Hope you have a great day!  Until next time!

8 comments:

Liesl Garner said...

So much fun! I love how you use your gifts and talents to enrich th e lives of your friends and family!

Barb said...

I love it! I love how the background looks like chicken wire.

MaryAnne said...

Your card is adorable! How fun to receive a custom-made card!

Emkay said...

Lovely card for your sister. I love the fun sentiment.

Unknown said...

That is so cute!! I love the chicken wire effect. So creative!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Loki-Lou said...

Happy (belated) birthday to your sis! So glad you had fun! Also the spring chicken joke made me giggle (brilliant card as always Winnie!) :)

Ann said...

I just love chickens! Love how you used the wire fence pattern and you are so right about knowing who you can joke with about age : )

Also happy OTHER bird day!

Anonymous said...

that is how old my mom is turning because you made her that card amanda

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!