Thursday, August 30, 2012

It's Tag Time (Jane Austen Inspired)

Hi, guys! It is time to share my monthly (August) submission for the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2012!  This is one of my favorites that I have done.  I had to incorporate a cameo type image as the focal point, and decided to use my Jane Austen set by Papertrey Ink.  You may recall that I have a great bunch of friends that formed a group because of our love of Jane Austen.  So this tag will be going to one of the ladies in our group with her Christmas gift.  We do a secret santa each year, and what better way to celebrate Jane than a tag using one of her quotes about friendship.


I had a blast making this tag.  The distressing and paint resist were fun to do.  What I love about doing these tags is the freedom to use what you have on hand, and use the basic idea, but make it your own. Tim never ceases to amaze me with his ideas and creativity.  I can't wait to see what he comes up with for the September tag!

Hope you have a great day!  Hope you find some time to do something you love (maybe read a bit of Jane?).


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely interpretation of the tag! That PTI set is perfect for it. :)

Esther Asbury said...

Oh, wow -- I LOVE your beautiful tag and the quote from Jane Austin! I'll be pinning this for future reference! So lovely!

Ibarra Creations 4U said...

Your tag is just beautiful and I LOVE the colors!!!!!

Ann said...

Good luck with your submission. Off to read some Jane Austen : )

Alison said...

Your tag is beautiful Winnie! This was one of my favourites so far too.
Alison x

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your tag has a very romantic feel, just like Jane Austen's novels. My College age daughter loves Austen too, I just finished my September TH tag yeaterday, which I'll add to my FAS. I haven't done much with Steampunk before, so it was a real challenge for me. Have a blessed week!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous tag with great details.

Journey of Life said...

What a charming tag it is and definitely a great Xmas present to have. Lucky her :-)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!