Saturday, October 4, 2014

Sharing Love with Fountain Pens and Ink (Anniversary Fun)

This week my husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary.  You may know my love of fountain pens and ink, but I am happy to say my husband has begun to dabble in the hobby.  For our anniversary, we both gave each other fountain pens and ink.  It was a fun surprise.




I always wanted a Lamy 2000 fountain pen, as I have heard lots of great things about them especially on SBRE Brown's and Goulet Pens website and YouTube channels.  The Lamy 2000 was first made in 1966 and that is the year of my birth, so that really made it special for me.  My husband loves Pilot Metropolitans and asked for a set (fountain pen and pencil). He already had a few of them and so far that is the only fountain pen he is interested in.  You may notice that I picked up a TWSBI USA this week. Lots of inky fun waiting for us to enjoy.

I decided to make my husband a card with a fountain pen theme to go with his gifts. I made a mask of a heart and stamped ink splatters inside for for the heart image.  The fountain pen stamp is by 100 Proof Press.  It was a hit and I was glad that I could merge my two hobbies of stamping and fountain pens.





After we use our pens and ink, I will share how they did!

May your fingers be inky, and your heart happy!






12 comments:

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Happy Wedding Anniversary! I love the clever way in which you created the heart on the card, and look forward to hearing more about your pens. Blessings!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Winnie
I haven't been by for a while, glad I dropped in so I can wish you and your hubby a happy anniversary. I am interested in seeing what you make with your new pen and inks.

Anonymous said...

I adore fountain pens! I only own one, though. I have a Lami Safari, which works wonderfully, and looks rugged. I'd love a Lamy Studio fountain pen, though. So elegant! Your card turned out perfectly.

Margaret said...

Wow! Who knew that they made images of fountain pens. I don't know much about them, but my lawyer boss has quite a collection. I think writing with a fountain pen is becoming a lost art.

Lynn Mercurio said...

I too love fountain pens...such a great way to write, although a bit messy, but a labor of love. What a great card to combine the two loves. Your heart shaped splatter shape is amazing and looks fantastic on this lovely black base with your rounded corners. Well done!

Esther Asbury said...

Happy Anniversary! Cute card

Geri Neumann said...

Happy Anniversary! That is so nice that your hubby likes fountain pens too. Can't wait to hear how you like your new pen. Your card is so perfect for this special anniversary! Clever ink splatter heart with pens, and so elegant in black, white and red. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Geri

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Happy anniversary Winnie. That's awesome you share the same hobby now. Yr card is gorgeous too. Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment too about my first abstract painting on a canvas. Yeh it was an interesting exercise to get to the end result indeed LOL

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your card is a beautiful CAS one! Love the pens on it... so appropriate for you!

Happy Anniversary to your and your sweetie, Winnie!

kel Acopan said...

super cute card and super cute gifts! happy belated anniversary!

lovies, =o) kel

MiamiKel said...

Happy Anniversary, Winnie! I love this post! The two of you share such an incredible creative touch with the pens, such a forgotten art, really.

I still have my dad's old typewriter and get a kick out of tapping away on it while the rest of the universe has computers! Yes, me, too, but I still type _ LOL!

LOVEly card!!!!

Dawn's Stamping Garden said...

Happy Anniversary, Winnie! Love your presents to each other....and the card is fabulous! I may have to case that idea for our Anniversary coming in 2 weeks...while I am not really into fountain pens, DH loves his!! He is currently searching for a new extrafine...hmmm, anniversary gift? This is belated, but wish you well!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!