Thursday, October 23, 2014

Wishing You A Cozy Day

Are you a pet lover?  Do you love dogs, or cats, or maybe another type of exotic pet?  Well, I was asked to make a birthday card for a young woman who loves cats.  I was asked to incorporate a cat and the color purple as it is Chelsea's favorite color.  Let me show you what I came up with!

Supplies:
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp
Paper: Gina K Designs, Bo Bunny
Ink: Hero Arts, Memento Black
Misc: Scallop Punch

I really love the stamp set Pillow Talk by Simon Says Stamp, as it incorporates images perfect for the dog or cat lover.  This stamp set was a birthday gift to me from my friend Mariola and I get a ton of use from it as there are so many wonderful pet lovers out there.

I used to have a cat named Emily who loved to crawl onto my pillow just like this cat.  It makes me smile to remember her when I stamp these images. Emily, sadly, is no longer with me, but maybe someday I will have another furry friend in my family.

What about you?  Do you have a pet?

Until next time!

7 comments:

Geri Neumann said...

What an adorable card for lucky cat lover Chelsea! She's going to love it. I like the colors you used also. Very nice card, Winnie. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Geri N

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Just sweet and perfect for a young cat lover. You are so talented and creative.
Thank you for your sweet and kind visit and for the B'day wishes!
Enjoy your weekend.
FABBY

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

That's a sweet card Winnie and I hope you do get another furbaby some day. We have an 11 year old cockapoo named Topaz who thinks he is still a young pup. :-)

MiamiKel said...

Beautiful and oh so cute!! I love doggies :-)

Esther Asbury said...

I'm not an animal lover but my husband is! We have a chocolate lab puppy that's FULL of energy and gets into mischief on a regular basis -- she's probably my favorite pet that we own.
BTW - cute card -- I'm sure Chelsea will love it!

Marcy said...

Oh I wish I were that cat! :) Adorable card and I love the image and sentiment. Have a wonderful week Winnie and hope all is well!

Marcy said...

Hey Winnie! Forgot to add that I didn't have a chance to say goodbye to the group on SCS...I'm not sure if you were much on there either. I definitely enjoy visiting your blog and will continue to do so! I hope you will visit me too! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!