Friday, August 15, 2014

Cool Beans!

So many of my family (me included) and friends celebrate birthdays in the summer.  My schedule becomes hectic with dinners, barbecues, family and friend visits.  Today I thought I would share a card I made for my friend Eva's birthday.  She is another of my Jane Austen gals as well.  When I was thinking of what to give her for her birthday, I decided on including a Starbucks gift card, so I thought a coffee-themed card would make a fun way of packaging it up.

Supplies:
Stamps: Fresh Squeezed Stamps, Stampin' Up
Paper: Gina K Designs
Ink: Archival, Distress Antique Linen, Distress Vintage Photo
Misc.: Ribbon

This is another card using stamps by different manufacturers that I think went very well together.  By inking the background with the Distress Ink, I found the white take-away cup really stood out.  Sadly, Fresh Squeezed Stamps is no longer, but I know the stamps I did get from them will be used for years to come.

I make a lot of tea related cards as I am a big tea fan, so this was a fun change for me.  Funny thing, neither my husband nor I are coffee drinkers.  We only take out our coffee pot for company!

Have a fabulous day!

5 comments:

Cows.go.moo said...

Love the phrase...and the card! Perked me up like a good cup of coffee -).
(Ps, sorry if this got posted twice...)

Geri Neumann said...

Oh Winnie...your friend is really going to like her card. Love the way you sprinkled the little coffee beans on the background. And the ribbon is the perfect finish touch. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Geri N

kel Acopan said...

love the card winnie! i miss drinking coffee... but have been drinking lots of tea recently!

lovies, =o) kel

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Nice coffee card!

Marcy said...

I always love coffee themed cards and this one is adorable! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!