Wednesday, January 2, 2013

House Mouse Christmas and Get Well Cards

Hi, guys!  Hope all is well on your end. I wanted to tell you some fun news with you today.  I was one of the 12 winners on Tim Holtz's blog for my December Tag that I shared here the other day!  I was so excited to learn this on New Year's Day!  What a fun way to start my New Year!   Being able to make all 12 tags was so much fun and I am looking forward to starting the new ones for 2013!

Today I will be sharing two cards I made using stamps by House Mouse.  The first one up is the Christmas card I made for my husband.

Supplies:
Stamps: House Mouse, Anna Griffin
Paper: Papertrey Ink, Gina K (White), Echo Park
Ink: Distress Ink, Memento Black
Misc.: Snowflake Button, Tag Punch, Brad, Copic Markers

The next card up I made for my husband to send to a co-worker who fell ill over the holiday.  I think this image is adorable and hope it will bring a smile to the recipient's face.  I used colored pencils and gamsol to color the image.


Supplies:
Stamps: House Mouse
Paper: Gina K (White), Stampin' Up
Ink: Archival Black, Distress Ink
Misc.: Prisma Colored Pencils, Gamsol, Ribbon, Corner Rounder

These were fun to make.  I love to use these stamps and do so when time allows for coloring.  For the first one I used Copic Markers which gave them a bolder look.  The second one got a softer look by using the colored pencils.

Have a great day!  Until next time!

9 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

These are precious little guys! FUN!

Noel Lizotte said...

Hi Winnie! Glad to see you doing the January NaBloPoMo ... I'm in again too!

Love these little mousies!!

Unknown said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

These are both so cute! I really love the shy little mouse in the Christmas card.

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards, dear and Congrats on your win!! That had to be a great feeling! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love these! I would definitely feel better if somebody gave me that get well card.

Barb said...

I think get well cards are really needed right now. I know so many sick people, and for some reason, it seems to linger. I've been sick for over 2 weeks now!

Esther Asbury said...

House Mouse stamps are some of my favorites -- in fact I collect them! Got 3 new ones for Christmas...can't wait to use them!
Love the ones you used --- so cute!

Unknown said...

OMGosh! I love House Mouse! I saw in your Gallery the mice in the tulips card. Love those little guys.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!