Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Big Hunk O'Love

Hi, guys! For today, I decided to make a friend a Valentine's Day card.  She is an Elvis Presley fan beyond compare.  I thought it would be great to make her one using a vintage stamped image of Elvis that I had.  The stamps on this card are from a company called Stampsmith.  They are a company that I discovered while at a stamp convention.  They stamp like a photograph.  The trick to using them is to make sure you have a "cushion" underneath them.  I bought a 99 cent mouse pad I use for this purpose. The sentiment is one of a sheet filled with Elvis sayings and song lyrics.


Supplies:
Stamps: Stampsmith, Viva Las Vegas Stamps
Paper: Gina K (Black, White)
Ink: Versafine, Distress Inks, Archival 
Misc.: Tim Holtz Tissue Tape, Gems

I decided to use some fun tissue tape by Tim Holtz with music on it, and some fun bling that reminded me of the white jumpsuit Elvis used to wear.

For fun I decorated the envelope.  The sentiment is, appropriately enough, from Viva Las Vegas Stamps.

I wish Irvina a very Happy Valentine's Day and hope she finds her special "hunk o' love."

Until next time!

8 comments:

Barb said...

lol -- before I read that it was for a friend, I thought it was for your husband!

Unknown said...

That is cool! Your friend will love it.

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Emkay said...

Perfect card for an Elvis fan. Your friend will love it.

Loki-Lou said...

I love this card and I'm sure your friend will too! :D

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love your card design, Winnie. You truly captured the retro feel of the Elvis photo-stamp. Your friend is sure to love it. Thank you for your heartwarming comment on my blog. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

YES I LOVE IT AND I CAN NOT WAIT TO GET IT. THAT WAS SO SO SWEET!!!!!!!


GUESS WHO THIS IS?

YES YOU GUESSED RIGHT

IRVINA

Noel said...

Elvis, a dream come true for so many! Very nice card, Winnie!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Oh yay...that's my daddy! Well, that is what my mother says anyway! Love this!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!