Friday, February 8, 2013

Food - The Best Part of the Super Bowl

Hi, guys! Hope all is well. Did you tune in on Sunday to the Super Bowl?  We did, and had a lot of fun.  The game picked up after the power outage and it made for some fun.  But my favorite part of Super Bowl Sunday is definitely the food!  My husband and I just love Rachael Ray's Chili Dog Bacon Cheeseburgers.  Let me tell you, these burgers are not for the faint of heart, but are oh so delicious.  Since they are not the healthiest thing to eat, we limit our consumption of them to Super Bowl Sunday and one night during the summer of our choosing.

My burger:





My hubby's burger with a nod to healthy with his piece of lettuce!  So funny if you ask me.






We both subscribe to the clean plate club, as you can clearly see. 












I do make one small tweak to this recipe.  I cut the hot sauce down to a teaspoon.  It is not too spicy for the hubby that way.  I do not make the fries as the burgers alone are a splurge for us, so I can't comment about them.

So, now you know what we will be eating next year!

Until next time!










6 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

This looks delicious. LOVE me some burgers..especially when they are smothered in chili and bacon. YUMMMMM

Hey - be careful, and I hope the weather man is wrong, and that the winter storm Nemo isn't as bad as they predict. Be safe! (at least it's a good excuse to stay inside and craft) =)

Xiomara|Equis Place said...

I love the healthy nod with lettuce and the photos of the empty plates. Thanks for making me crave a cheeseburger!

Jill Norwood said...

Oh my Winnie! Those look soooooooooo good!!!!! I can see why you don't have them all the time but I bet they are something you look forward to for the 2 times a year that you splurge! I need to try those...my Stuart would have loved them as bacon and chili were two of his favorite foods! Maybe my little Tim will have a new favorite!
Hugs,
:) Jill

Esther Asbury said...

Whoa - your pictures are making me hungry! I just may have to try this sometime!

Loki-Lou said...

Wait wait wait.....chilli dog, bacon, burger, cheese!!!! That sounds magnificient! I want to try it, nay, I MUST try it!

SandeeNC said...

Boy, I wish I had your control over food and portions! That burger looks delish! Thanks for visiting my blog, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!