Thursday, August 2, 2012

Drac is Back!

Hi, guys!  Yes, you read right!  Drac is back!  I decided to do a Halloween tag last night.  I am participating in the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2012.  In July, Tim demonstrated the alcohol ink splatter technique using a can of air.  I made a tag in the beginning of the month for the Fourth of July.  It dawned on me that this splatter technique would be fun to use for blood splatter.  Yes, I know, I am a bit gross.  I guess it is from years of mystery reading. 


Supplies:
Stamp: Craft Smart, Stampers Anonymous
Ink: Archival Black, Adirondack Alcohol Ink, Distress Stain, Distress Inks
Misc.: Tissue Tape (Tim Holtz), Tim Holtz Ribbon 


I had a blast doing this card.  My workspace ended up looking a bit like a crime scene when I was done, and my hands resembled those of Lady Macbeth.

Hope you have a great day, and hope you find a few moments in the day to do something you love.  Maybe get inky?

4 comments:

Dee said...

I LOVE IT!!! Halloween is my favourite theme and I just love the look of this tag! And your right, it works perfectly to represent the blood spatter. Love the stamp image of Drac! Have a good day, Greetz Dee

J & M said...

omg this is soooo cute! totally jealous of your awesome skills!

Molly Jo said...

You are incredibly artistic. I'm in awe of all your wonderful posts!

Helen said...

Hi Winnie - thanks for popping by and leaving such kind words about my August tag. I love take on the July tag the technique is perfect blood splatter for your fab Count Dracular tag. Love it. Hugs Helen

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!