Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Day At The Zoo

Hi, guys! Thought I would share some pictures from my day trip to the Bronx Zoo with my hubby.  His firm had a company outing and so we got to spend the day together with co-workers and family and see some amazing animals.  This first picture is funny, as my hubby had me pose as a bear.  With the name Winnie, it was very fitting.


There is something awe-inspiring when you see the elephants! They are just so adorable.



This peacock decided it wanted to walk among us.  What a glorious bird!  When I was a little girl they used to terrify me.



No day at the zoo would be complete without a visit to see the penguins!  There is something so adorable and fun about these birds.  I spent an awfully long time watching them frolic in the water.  I had to drag myself away from them as there is so much to see.


I can't believe it has been so long since I went to the Bronx Zoo.  After such a fun day, I am going to try and get there again in the fall (cooler weather will agree with me!).  If you are in the area, I would highly recommend you spend a day there.

Hope you have a great weekend filled with fun!

6 comments:

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

My family and I used to love going to the zoo, but haven't been to one in several years. I was in Central New York through a summer youth exchange program at our church many years ago, but have never been to New York City. :{ God willing I'll make it someday. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Very Nice!!


Irvina

paige said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! I love going to the zoo and watching the animals!

Dizzy Ms. Lizzy said...

I love the zoo. The one in St. Louis (about 2 hours from me) is pretty neat also. Dear Hubby and I always have fun when we go there.

Molly Jo said...

Ooh I love the peacocks! So vibrant!

Journey of Life said...

That was a cute photo of yours, Winnie! Oh ... I want to see penguins in their natural habitat one of these days.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!