Saturday, December 21, 2013

Hormel Chili Christmas

Hi, guys! Today I was home under the weather and am catching up on some rest.  I had plenty of tea and soup and started my gift wrapping for Christmas.  This has been a long week as I had to work overtime a few nights and had a couple of Christmas get-togethers with my girlfriends.  All this holiday fun had me doing a lot of reminiscing.

This past weekend we observed the 7th anniversary of my late husband's passing.  It brought to mind a funny memory of when we were dating.  I used to live in the city and lived next door to a Mobil gas station.  Since I was living alone I would often run there and pick up some snacks and a can of Hormel chili for dinner when I was being lazy.  I recall Charlie calling and asking what I was having for dinner and the answer was "Hormel" a few nights a week.  One Christmas he came over to my apartment where my family was assembled and gave me a giant gift box.  Everyone wondered what he gave me.  Inside were a dozen cans of Hormel chili in all the possible varieties.  So funny to remember these little things. I can't remember the last time I have eaten that now.  Charlie would send me bacon in the mail, or leave me a pork chop on my doorknob on his way to work.  Some guys say it with flowers, he said it with food.

Today's cards are a pair of Christmas cards I made for friends. This first one was plain and simple but I loved really showcasing a piece of paper as the focal image.  The bingo chip is by Tim Holtz.


This next one I made using a Lawn Fawn set stamped on watercolor paper and colored with Distress Markers and water. The sentiment is by Memory Box.


Thanks for the visit today, and for coming along with me while I remembered a Christmas past!

Until next time!

4 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Oh Winnie your post just gave me a lump,in my throat! God bless you sweetie for this poignant and heartfelt post. Your story made me smile today!! I wish you many more happy memories, too! :)

Love the card and the calendar look to it! Xoxo

Unknown said...

Awww Winnie ((hugs)) This post made me teary and smile at the same time...

Geri Neumann said...

Dear Winnie, Thank you for sharing your memories. It really makes us think about what's really important in life and how such little acts of kindness and love and stay with us for a lifetime! So sweet. Hugs, Geri

Tania said...

Beautiful post. Thank you for sharing your story.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!