Sunday, October 14, 2012

It's the Pumpkin-in-Chief, Charlie Brown!

Hi, guys!  Halloween and Election Day are rapidly approaching!  My family and I went to The Rise at Old Westbury Gardens last weekend.  The proof that it is an election year is that we got to see pumpkins carved of President Obama and Mitt Romney!  I thought I would share them with you today and some others we were lucky enough to see.  There were 5000 carved pumpkins there.  It was truly amazing.




Seeing this pumpkin of the late great Gary Carter was very touching to me. He was my favorite Met!




My favorite Monkee, Davy Jones

















I hope you enjoyed seeing these cool pumpkins. If you are in NY and can get to see this cool event, I highly recommend it.  My family and I will be making this a family tradition for sure!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

8 comments:

Rachael said...

I love expertly carved pumpkins! I don't have the patience nor skill to get much beyound 2 triangles and a sloppy, jagged, half-circle. Thanks for sharing your pics!

Loki-Lou said...

Wow - they are amazing! I love the Frankenweenie one! I wish I could carve pumpkins like that...instead mine end up looking terrible!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

These pumpkin carvings are truly amazing. I've never seen anything like that in person. I like all the Halloween cards you've been working on too. I have't worked on any yet. Blessings!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you shared this! This is the coolest thing I have seen. Just awesome. I can't imagine how long it took to create each of these pumpkins with all the detail! Cool!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hey Winnie, these are really cool..was in NY couple of years back around Halloween, it was super fun. But had not seen carvings this before :)

Btw, thanks for stopping by my blog...do try the dish and let me know how you liked ?

http://whenyoucomeundone.blogspot.in/

Debbi said...

Very cool pumpkins! You inspired me to find an image I could use for my Facebook profile photo. I'm not quite inspired enough to carve and photograph my own, though!

Barbara Bakes said...

So fun! I'd want to make it a tradition too.

Journey of Life said...

Indeed they are very cool. I like the Armstrong one.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!