Thursday, April 26, 2012

More Milestone Birthdays (65 and 100!)

Hi, guys!  Hope your day is going well.  I thought I would share with you two cards I made on Sunday.  I was asked by a friend to make a card for her best friend's 65th birthday.  She let me create whatever I wanted.  It was a lot of fun to make.  This background stamp I used is an older one by Stampin' Up that I just LOVE.   I heat embossed the background with white powder to set it off against the dark paper.



Supplies:
Paper: Stampin' Up, Ranger Speciality Stamping 
Ink: Archival, Versamark
Misc: White Embossing Powder, Tim Holtz numbers, flower, gem
Die: Deckle Rectangle Spellbinders



The next card I am sharing with you was made for a friend of mine who is celebrating her friend's 100th birthday!  Talk about a milestone birthday!  It was the first time I have made a card for someone turning 100 and it was a hoot and a privilege.   I had free reign on this card as well so I decided to keep it simple with some bright colors and easy to read numbers.  I used acrylic numbers and colored them with my Copic markers to match the ribbon.


Supplies:
Paper: Gina K Designs White,  Husk Note Card Ink Pad NYC
Ink: Archival
Misc.: Flower, Gem, Acrylic Numbers, Ribbon, Swiss Dot embossing folder



I really love making cards for birthdays, and when they are such special occasions I am very tickled and honored.  Hope your day is a great one and that you find a few moments to do something you love.  I know I plan to carve out a bit of "me" time tonight.


4 comments:

Baby Budget Blog said...

You've got a great talent for making cards :)

www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

paige said...

Two beautiful cards Winnie! Sure to bring smiles of delight to the recipients faces.

Emkay said...

Both are lovely. The background on the first is stunning!

Marcy said...

Very nice cards Winnie! They both look clean and elegant! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!