Thursday, June 12, 2014

Distressed No Longer

It has been a whirlwind these past few weekends.  You may recall that I attended the Simon Says Create event a couple of weeks ago in Ohio.  I had a fabulous time and got to take my first classes with Tim Holtz.  Well, this past weekend he was teaching at our local scrapbook store Scrappers Playground and I was lucky enough to get into a class.  I took my sister along, and she is not a crafter, but was very curious to see why I was so excited.  She was very sweet and had a special t-shirt made for me.


What a fun time!  Maggie had a great time and got to learn about Distress Ink and products.  I knew it was successful when she decided to shop afterwards!  That is always a good sign!

Here is a picture of the folio I made.  I am just loving these Found Relative cards!  I can't wait to fill it up!



Tim surprised us all with a messenger bag and lots of goodies. I am looking forward to some down time so I can use some of them!




I am so thankful to Tim and Mario for the kindness and generosity they showed.  They take the time to speak with you and take pictures and are all around good guys.  All the years of waiting really were worth it.   If you get the chance to take a class with Tim,  I say go get inky!

Until next time!

9 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a lucky girl you are. I see Tim when I attend CHA, but I've never been lucky enough to take one of his classes (they are always full - duh). I'm so pleased that you had such a great time, and I'm sure you learned a lot! I can't wait to see what you create from all your fun goodies!

Geri Neumann said...

Oh Winnie, it sounds like your time with Tim was wonderful! He came to NM once (that I know of), and his class filled immediately. Can't wait to see what you create with all your goodies. Most of us only dream about taking classes with Tim, so you are one lucky girl! Hugs, Geri N

Anonymous said...

Love all the generous swag you go at the workshop and I'm interested in what your next project will be. :)

MiamiKel said...

I love this!! I am sure you had the most wonderful time!! That shirt, oh my - LOVE!! He's been to Orlando (FL) a few times but we are so much further than that South, one day! Glad you were able to get to the class, the end result binder is just gorgeous!!!!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

OK, Winnie, the first time I was happy for you, this time I'm jealous! Seriously, you had the opportunity to take all these classes with Tim within a couple of weeks. I'm Just kidding, and am really thrilled for you! Your folio looks phenomenal, and that messenger bag filled with goodies just sounds like so much fun to play with. Have a blessed week, my friend!

Unknown said...

What a lucky girl you are! Love the shirt I bet it made Tim and Mario chuckle! So glad you had a fab time and that your sister enjoyed it too. Hugs Helen x

kel Acopan said...

i'm always so jealous of your opportunities!! looks like you had a ton of fun!!

lovies, =o) kel

Margaret said...

Tim Holtz is such a great guy. I loved taking his class at the 2013 ScrapFest last year. I wish I had been the Maggie that was with you this time. I'm sure you had a great time!

Jill Norwood said...

What a wonderful picture and post! I am so happy for you! What a wonderful class! Love what you made! And goodies to play with too! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!