Friday, May 16, 2014

She Said "Yes!"

Making cards for happy occasions can't help but bring a smile to my face! I was asked to make a card for a friend whose daughter just got engaged.  I love to hear these types of stories and they always bring back such happy memories to me as I recall my engagement.  I know the sheer joy the couple must be feeling.  To be asked to share in this happy time in a small way is an honor.

This is the card I made for Courtney and Paul.  I used a lovely engagement ring stamp by Renaissance Art Stamps, and, to make it a sparkler, I added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the stone.


I really love this sheet of heart paper that looks almost watercolored that I used for the background.  It was from one of my older Simon Says Stamp card kits.  I rounded opposite edges on the card and the background paper for a bit of a twist from my usual straight lines.

Wishing Courtney and Paul every happiness as they begin their life together!

Until next time!

3 comments:

Geri Neumann said...

Lovely card Winnie. The recipient is going to love it. So romantic with the ring in the heart and the hearts on the background paper. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Geri N

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Cute! Love the colors!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a LOVE'ly card!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!