Saturday, April 27, 2013

It's A (Baby) Shower!

Hi, guys! What is more fun than a baby shower?  The anticipation, the adorable decorations and lots of happy, excited family and friends.  I was asked to make a baby shower card for a co-worker.  We aren't sure if it will be a boy or a girl, so I went with a neutral color palate of green and yellow.  I am entering this card in the COLOR CHALLENGE over at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

Supplies:
Stamps: Stampendous, Kolette Hall
Paper: Gina K Designs, DCWV
Ink: Memento Black, Versamark, Versafine (Black), Copic Markers
Misc.: Clear Embossing Powder, Metal Tab, Bakers Twine

I heat embossed the sentiment with clear embossing powder to make it stand out against the patterned paper.  I found a metal tag in my stash that I thought would look cute on the card as well.

Hope you have a great day, and find a few moments in the day to do something you love!

8 comments:

Olga said...

hi Winnie! Such an adorable card! And I love you don't afraid of green as many crafters do! This card turned out gorgeous=) TFS! x

Have Apron....Will Bake said...

Love the card and the colour. Green is so fresh and such a nice change from the usual blue and pink. Great job!

Anna-Karin said...

So sweet! Great shade of green. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Marcy said...

Really cute card! I love the colors you used and the design of it. The twine on the top is a perfect touch too! Our new nephew is on his way so we are excited to have a new family member as well!:)

MiamiKel said...

YAY for surprise babies!!! All 4 of mine were surprises and it drove my family INSANE but that's how we wanted it! LOVE this, it totally works for either baby and just as vibrant and bright as can be - spells HAPPY, that's for sure! Great card and happy showering!!

Jerimi said...

Oh, I just love those greens! I think I would like a room in those colors.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

CUTE!!! Love the green! Oh those little pj's are so stinking precious! Thank you for showing us your true colors this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

Tania said...

So cute. I love the image and I agree, it's nice to see green!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!