Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Finally, Time For Card Making!

I haven't had much creative time lately.  I have a lot of home projects in the works as well as end-of-the-year busy time at work.  This week I was able to make a pair of cards for very special occasions.

The first one I am sharing is a card I made for my sister to give a friend who gave birth to a precious little boy.  I thought it would be fun to use the Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous stamp of the alarm clock.  I added the baby sounds coming from the clock! Small touches like blue gingham and safety pin were added to embellish the card.


The second is a card I made for a co-worker to give her daughter for her 16th birthday.  She asked that I use dark purple and gold as that is her daughter's favorite color combination.  The stamps I used on this are from a new stamp set I picked up by Dina Wakely.  The butterflies were heat embossed using Ranger Gold powder.  I think they really stood out great against the dark purple.


We are in the midst of a bathroom remodel at the house.  So a few more weeks of disarray and I will be back to crafting and blogging more regularly.  I sure miss it, and all of you!


On its way to lovely!


Hope you have a fabulous day and get to spend some time doing what you enjoy!


2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a cute twist on the alarm clock card! Looks like you're in the middle of a BIG project -- have fun remodeling!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the cleverness of using the TH clock stamp for the baby card, since it reflects exactly what it's like when you have a new born. That card for your friend's daughter looks so rich with the purple and gold combination. Finally, your bathroom is looking great, so I believe it's been worth your time away from the studio. Blessings, my friend!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!