Saturday, August 24, 2013

Birthday Wishes For Two Special Nieces

Hi, guys! Hope all is well! My two nieces celebrated their birthdays last week while on vacation.  I cannot wait to celebrate with them soon, so I made a pair of cards for them!

My niece Amanda is 9 and is the ultimate girly-girl.  I sorted through my stash and found this fun girl image by Stampavie/Suzi Blu that I thought would be perfect for her.  Amanda has very long dark brown hair and loves to wear dresses, etc.  I heat embossed the birthday greeting with white embossing powder both on the outside and inside of the card.  I like the contrast against the kraft card. This is a very large card as this image is very large and wouldn't fit on my standard A2 Card.  The flower was actually a very light pink one, but I added Distress Ink to the tips to mimic the patterned paper.  When I was married my new cousin-in-law glued a bunch of fabric flowers to her gift, and me, being me, took them all off and saved them in a jar and love to use them on my cards and other crafts.





For Grace, who is 6, I decided to use the Tea Party set by My Favorite Things.  The little girl reminds me of her.  Both Grace and Amanda love to come and have tea parties at my house, and have them together at home all the time.  This set is fun as I got to stamp a fun table setting and paper pieced the tablecloth.  For both these cards I used Kelly Purkey Alphabet Stickers to note their ages.  I received those stickers in my monthly card kit from Simon Says Stamp and thought it would be a good use for them.  I am not one to use many stickers on my cards, but they are subtle enough for me!




Hope you have a fabulous weekend!  We have a weekend filled with concerts, barbecues and friends!

Until next time!











4 comments:

Bonnie said...

What delightful little ladies! Love that little flower and the bright colors on the first and the wonderful paper piecing on the second!

kel Acopan said...

both super cute... lovely job!!!

Margaret said...

Happy Birthday to your nieces. Cute cards for them. Love the tea party and your grown up young lady with all the flowers.

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Winnie, I hope they had lovely birthdays- they are such cute cards for them. The cleaner I was using was the bubblegum smelling one- thats the bottle I refilled. I know what you mean about the smell from them, especially the Staz-on! You can very probably get an unscented Baby Bath, I would expect, and I have seen recipes using Dove shower gel if thats any help. I think any mild liquid soap would do the job just as well- they just pick baby wash because of its lack of additives, I think. So anything that is presented as being free from nasties would do. Hope you find one that suits you- I now have a mental image of you wandering around your supermarket/chemist, opening all the bottles & having a sniff,lol. Hugs, Shaz xx

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!