Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tea Time Tuesday - Tea & Sympathy and a Visitor

Lately, I have been traveling and doing a lot of running around.  It was nice to have a few hours alone in the middle of Manhattan and I decided to have tea at a small tea shop called Tea & Sympathy.  Luck was on my side as there wasn't a wait and I got a corner table where I could enjoy my tea while I read my Kindle.  My favorite thing on the menu is their shepherd's pie.  It is really delicious.


The Alice in Wonderland teapot is one of my favorites.  A few years ago I picked one up here for my home.  It always makes me smile.

After a nice quiet dinner, I pulled into my driveway to find a visitor having his/her dinner!  I had to snap a photo as the bunny is in front of my newly painted garden sign!  The Distress Paint is holding up nicely with all the rain.



I am sharing tea today at:

Tea Time Tuesday

Friends Sharing Tea

Hope you have a fabulous day,  and find some time for yourself!


11 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

See! Put out the welcome sign and all kinds of visitors will come. A meal of shepherd's pie and tea sounds like comfort food to me.

Geri Neumann said...

Winnie, your lunch looks yummy! Does the Tea & Sympathy serve different tea pots and cups to their customers while they have lunch? What an adorable idea if they do. I'd love to visit NYC one of these days. You must have so many different places to see and visit. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Geri N

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Mmm, tea and shepherd's pie sound delicious to me! I have a couple of bunnies visit my back yard and I have pictures but just haven't shared them yet. Thank you for joining me for tea and have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Tea in Texas said...

What a wonderful way to have tea and enjoy shepherd's pie for it makes me think of England and their tea rooms. Your special visitor is so cute in the photo and he seems to want his picture taken nest to your darling garden sign. I love our bunnies, too. Hope you have a wonderful week!


Pam

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

I think you totally had the right idea. There is nothing quite like having a nice tea lunch in a special tea house.

What kind of tea did you order? : - )

Snap said...

I giggled at your bunny making himself at home in your garden. Sounds like Tea and Sympathy is a wonderful spot for tea. I love taking a book with me when I do out for lunch. I have my favorite table and the folks know me and let me sit as long as I like. The food is good too ... although they don't have Shepherd's Pie! Happy Tea Day!

Beth in NEPA said...

What a fun way to relax for lunch. If I ever get back to Manhattan I will have to check it out. Your "bunny" must be able to read and felt right welcome there.

Two Cottages And Tea said...

What a wonderful way to spend lunch time! We have bunnies here too and always enjoy seeing the wildlife!
Nancy

Bernideen said...

So glad you join in for Tea In The Garden! Your bunny is so darling and Shepherd's Pie is always a favorite!

Antiques And Teacups said...

I love Shepherd's pie! A family favorite. The bunny and welcome sign are so cute! I love the Alice teapot...a friend won one at a tea we attended. So cute!
Ruth

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a cute bunny and he/she is a perfect compliment to your garden sign. BTW - I really like that sign. The Shepherd pie looks delicious (I've never had one and don't even know what's in it); I may want to try one sometime. It was interesting to find this entry right now because I'm sitting at my computer (duh) drinking a cup of Earl Grey with extra bergamont (love this tea).

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!